Tuesday, October 21, 2008

8 More Days of CBT Phase II

Hello everyone,

So I have one week to complete my CBT project. I have begun creating a grant proposal writing manual to be used by the women of Ain Leuh. I am currently researching one grant opportunity they would like to apply for and am creating the manual in English/French/Darija Tranduction/Darija written in Script. I have nearly completed both the English and French portions and will be starting on the darija tranduction this evening. As many of you know when I worked as an AmeriCorps*VISTA, it was my job to create written manuals and documents to preserve the way things were done in the agency and to increase business efficiency. So I am very excited about this current project of mine. Two women in the coop can read basic script and they have a current translator they use when communicating with foreigners, so I feel they will actually be able to use this document. Other members of my group are working on other small scale projects as well to increase marketing opportunities as well as assistance in creating a budget plan and better business track keeping methods.

Other than that, things have been quiet in the home. My host sister had a friend visiting for a few days from Azrou and now my host sister is currently staying in Azrou visiting her friend there. Language lessons are going along steadily. One of our program people will be here Thursday to discuss possible site placements and to get a better idea of where to place us. I am excited to be learning where I will be in about a week, but also nervous for training to be over soon. Our swearing in ceremony will be on November 20th, then it's off to a new place and new adventures and a sad good-bye to close friends. Once in my site I won't be able to visit them very often and I will officially be on my own.

There has been a website just recently developed and still being fine tuned for the cooperative I am currently assisting in Ain Leuh, it is: http://ainleuhcooperative.webs.com

I've been creating a list of things I would love if anyone desires to send a care package my way, ;). Right now I can receive small packets at the Rabat address, but no boxes until I get my official site placement mailing address. So far the list includes:

- Pretzels
- Reeces peanut butter cups
- Precise V5 or V7 pens of any color
- College ruled notebooks (small or big)
- Plastic ziplock bags (any size)
- folders
- cross stitch kits

It's a small list at the moment, but I will think of more items I'm sure!

Otherwise things are good so far and I will try posting pics in a new blog, not having too much luck this evening!

No comments: